Chief Executive: Martyn Oliver
Regional Chief Executive North: Mr Robert Tarn
Associate Executive Principal: Mrs Lynn James
Principal: Mr Stephen Merifield
Number on roll: 635
“Student first: raising standards and transforming lives.”
Martyn Oliver – Chief Executive
Outwood Academy Ripon is part of the Outwood Grange Academy family of schools; it offers young people in the local area the best education and opportunities to fulfil their potential and we are very proud of our students and their successes.
80% of students achieved at least 5 A*-C grades in English, Maths, one other GCSE and two other equivalent subjects. A staggering 91% of students passed maths at a C grade or above with 64% achieving A*-B grades. 98.5% of students achieved their expected levels of progress and 65% exceeded it. English results are also outstanding with 81% attaining an A*-C grade and 83% achieving their expected levels of progress.
Our Mission is to continue to put students at the centre of everything we do, to give them the best life chances and to make learning an exciting and enjoyable lifelong experience. We want to give every young person in Ripon a first class education in their local community.
The aim of all at Outwood Academy Ripon is to provide our Students with the knowledge, skills and understanding that they will need in order for them to realise their ambitions, pursue their chosen career pathways and to make valuable contributions to society.
We aim to:
• Provide students and staff with a learning community which is safe and secure.
• Provide students and staff with a learning community that encourages a healthy approach and lifestyle
• Provide students with a learning environment which encourages them to pursue career pathways that will ensure they are self supporting citizens of the future
• Provide students with a learning environment that inspires, motivates and gives all students access to a curriculum, both academic and through personal development, which allows them to achieve to their potential. Above all provide a learning experience that is enjoyed by all.
• Provide students with personal development opportunities which encourage good citizenship through an understanding of the contribution each of us can make to our communities, local, national and global.
We are committed to providing high standards of education for students. Our innovative vertical curriculum centred on a 2 year Key Stage 3 and a 3 year Key Stage 4 personalises the learning of all students. Fast-track opportunities and workshops provide accelerated routes for some students while others have the time to succeed with an extended Key Stage 4. Vocational, practical, creative and academic qualities are valued equally in the Academy where we really do embrace the ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda.