The careers education and guidance programme at Outwood Academy Ripon seeks to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
As a student at Outwood Academy Ripon you are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to you and always puts your interests first
motivates and inspires you to consider all opportunities both within and outside Outwood Academy Ripon
- helps you to gain the skills you need to make your career ambitions a reality
provides the support you need to be successful helps you access any additional support you might need
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
- protects and respects your personal information and shares it only with your consent
We will support your career development in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help you make decisions about your future activities and events such as careers fairs
- access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days
- careers information and IT based careers programmes
- information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites
You will also have the opportunity to work with CareersInc, which is an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service who will support you to aim high in your career goals and aspirations.
We have been working with Getting-in, a leading UK educational website.
Their website contains fantastic advice for school leavers applying to university and college, including information on available courses, various open days and potential careers as well as offering in depth revision guides and exam preparation help. Their website also has lots of great careers advice.
Getting-in has recently been accredited by UCAS for the resources they provide to students 100% free of charge and the site has 650,000 pages and growing!
Please follow the link below to access this fantastic website.
Careers Inc: Students
Careers Inc: Parents and Carers
Careers Inc School Staff
Harrogate College offer a range of Apprenticeships in many career areas, all with fantastic opportunities to gain a nationally recognised qualification and work for a local employer at the same time.
Please see here for the latest Apprenticeship Vacancies.